- CoolFlux technology places 2nd in the MIT MADMEC Materials Science Solutions for Sustainability competition. Award sponsored by Dow Chemical and Saint-Gobain.
- Business plan developed with advising from Francis O’Sullivan, the MIT Energy Initiative Director of Research and Analysis.
- Provisional application for patent filed. Case filed at MIT Technology Licensing Office (TLO). Waiver obtained from MIT TLO, granting CoolComposites founders control over the CoolFlux technology.
- Application of CoolFlux to improve energy efficiency in U.S. Army barracks design places 2nd in the MIT Institute for Soldier Nanotechnology Soldier Design Competition. Award sponsored by Raytheon and Lockheed Martin.
- CoolFlux technology wins Infrastructure and Resources Track award at the MIT Clean Energy Prize. Award sponsored by GDF Suez.
- CoolComposites, Inc. founded and first employees hired.